Dan was born and raised in Traverse City. This is where he and his wife, Maura Brennan, raised their three children while running a small business1 and remaining active in the Traverse City community. Dan is a public interest attorney who has spent 30 years challenging unequal pay for women and the wrongful termination of employees.1 He has always been deeply committed to the community that built him and to preserving the Northern Michigan way of life.
- Served 10 years on the Traverse City Planning Commission2
- Executive Board Member of the Michigan Association for Justice, Board of Common Cause of Michigan, and member of various State Bar of Michigan committees1
- Active Executive Board Member of the Justice Caucus of the Michigan Democratic Party3
Dan O’Neil has always been committed to working across the aisle to get things done for our community.
Dan has always believed in:
- Cleaning up toxic pollution in our community
- Ensuring families have clean drinking water
- Making healthcare more affordable for working families
- Holding pharmaceutical companies accountable for price gouging