Matt lives in Plymouth Township with his wife, Kim.1 He attended Saginaw Valley State University where he pursued his passion and graduated with a Bachelor’s degree focused on Social Studies at the secondary level.1 He later went on to earn his Master’s Degree in English Studies at Eastern Michigan University.1 Matt has taught English and Social Studies in the Airport Community Schools District for the past 12 years.
As a public school teacher, Matt has watched Lansing pass many bills that harm school funding, take power away from local districts, and leave our schools vulnerable.2 As President of his local MEA-affiliated education association, Matt has worked with frustrated parents, teachers, and students to improve education in our community and help our schools thrive.3
- Public school teacher for the past 12 years1
- President of the Airport Education Association3
- Middle School Cross Country Coach, Baseball Coach, and Quiz Bowl Coach4
Matt Koleszar has always been committed to working across the aisle to get things done for our community.
Matt has always believed in:
- Repairing the state of our roads and bridges
- Ensuring families have access to clean drinking water
- Cleaning up toxic pollution and protecting our Great Lakes
- Holding drug companies accountable for price gouging
CHECK THE FACTS: 1) Hometownlife.com, https://www.hometownlife.com/story/news/local/plymouth/2018/01/31/koleszar-announces-bid-state-house/109976870/ 2) Mlive.com, https://www.mlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2011/05/michigan_house_approves_massiv.html 3) MIList.com, https://milist.org/project/matt-koleszar/ 4) Mhsaa.com, https://www.mhsaa.com/schools/wagar-middle-school/boys/7th-and-8th-grade/cross-country/2017