Kara Hope is a community leader who dedicates her time to public service. She lives in Holt with her husband, Evan, and runs a law practice that specializes in family law.1 Kara’s experience serving her community goes far beyond legal services. Serving on the Ingham County Board of Commissioners,1 Kara has worked to make county government more efficient and more accessible.5 She has also worked to create jobs and to improve public safety and quality of life.5 In 2016, Kara’s peers elected her to serve as Board Chairperson,1 and this year, she is serving on the Law and Courts and the County Services Boards.2 Kara’s dedication to her community and leadership abilities continue to improve the lives of those around her.
- Served on the Ingham County Board of Commissioners for 4 consecutive years4
- Elected to serve as chairperson of the Tri-County Aging Consortium Board1 and the county’s Law and Courts Committee2
- Active volunteer at the Holt Education Foundation cookouts,5 and donating hours of legal services to nonprofits such as the Mid-Michigan Environmental Action Council,3 and the Sam Corey Senior Center Club1
Kara Hope has always been committed to working across the aisle to get things done for our community.
Kara has always believed in:
- Cleaning up toxic pollution to ensure safe drinking water
- Holding pharmaceutical companies accountable for price gouging
- Repairing our broken roads and infrastructure
- Making healthcare more accessible and affordable
CHECK THE FACTS: 1. http://www.legalnews.com/ingham/1420196 2. https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2015/01/23/kara-hope-vice-chair/22212303/ 3. https://www.midmeac.org/about-us/board-of-directors/ 4. http://bc.ingham.org/MeetYourCountyCommissioner/District7.aspx 5. mihousedems.com/hope