Rachel Hood has always been committed to serving the Grand Rapids community, where she and her husband Dave are raising their two young girls. Rachel has led important initiatives in West Michigan for the past twenty years.3 She worked at Metro Health Hospital,4 at West Michigan Environmental Action Council,1 and served as Executive Director of West Grand Neighborhood Organization.3 In 2016, Dave launched their family business, City Built Brewing.2 Since then, Rachel has been working for Chase Park Grants1 & Dig Deep5 helping small and mid-sized cities finance and deliver safe water infrastructure.
Rachel has always had a vision for our state to have thriving school districts, affordable college, better wages, and abundant clean drinking water. Rachel and her family have been invested in Grand Rapids,6 and she’s always been committed to ensuring that her family and yours have the resources needed to thrive.
- Co-Founder of Local First, the largest organization supporting and advocating for locally owned businesses in the Midwest4
- Served as Executive Director of West Grand Neighborhood Organization3
- Worked to educate the public, protect our water, and promote energy efficiency at West Michigan Environmental Action Council1
Rachel Hood has always been committed to working across the aisle to get things done for our community.
Rachel has always believed in:
- Securing the right to quality, affordable health care
- Developing safe infrastructure throughout West Michigan
- Improving K-12 public education in our state
- Delivering clean drinking water for everyone
CHECK THE FACTS: 1.)https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2017/08/rachel_hood_launches_campaign.html 2.) https://citybuiltbrewing.com/about/ 3.) https://wmeac.org/rachel-hood-named-as-one-of-the-fifty-most-influential-women-in-west-michigan/2012/ 4.) https://www.grbj.com/articles/85203-street-talk-the-long-blue-thread 5.) https://legistarweb-production.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/attachment/pdf/189639/Dig_Deep_Final_SOQ-Newport_2018.pdf 6.) https://www.gvsu.edu/communityclassroom/community-based-learning-6.htm